Derek started his career in 1986 with Jones Bail Bonds in Sarasota, Florida as a Skip Bond Tracer (also know as a Bounty Hunter). He has over twenty eight years of diversified criminal and investigative training experiences. Over the years he has received numerous certificates in criminal justice from The University of Florida.
In 2004 Derek became licensed in armed and unarmed security. He has experience in executive, corporate, celebrity, and personal protection. In May of 2008 Derek traveled to Ontario, California to become a NRA Law Enforcement Certified Firearm Instructor in a course sponsored by the Ontario Police Department. In 2008 Derek started the Security & Firearm Academy so he can assist in preparing and implementing prevention strategies tailored to your specific situation.
Derek Jones is proficient in criminal and investigation procedures, armed and unarmed security, firearms, weapons training, and Hostile Terminations. He also possess the following Florida State Licenses Class "C", Class "D", Class "DI", Class "G", Class "K", Class "M", and a Private Detective license from the State of New Jersey.
- Security Officer Instructor License State of Florida
- Firearm Instructor License State of Florida
- NRA Law Enforcement Certified Firearm Instructor
- Surety Agent License (Bail Bondsman)
- State of Florida Notary Public
- NRA Certified Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor
- NRA Certified Home Firearm Safety Instructor
- NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home
- NRA Certified Pistol
- NRA Certified Range Safety Officer